Spring Sport tryouts will be Feb. 22nd & 23rd. Please make sure that you have an account on Dragonfly that includes your updated Sports Physical, students will NOT be allowed to tryout without it!
THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER IS FEBRUARY 17TH!!!
Please click on the following link to purchase tickets to this weekend's Wake County Cheer Competition at Green Hope HS.
The Martin @ Oberlin game will be played Wednesday, Jan. 26th at Oberlin Middle School. Tip time is 4 pm with the Boys game first followed by the Girls Game.
The Martin @ East Garner basketball game has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 9th at East Garner. The boys will play first at 4 pm with the girl's game to follow.
On Mondays and Tuesday's girls' teams will play the early game (4pm start) and boys' teams will play the later game.
On Wednesdays and Thursdays, boys will play the early game (4pm start) and girls will play the later game.
Below is the link to join the Martin Athletics Remind to receive announcements, practice or game changes, etc.
STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAY ON CAMPUS AFTER SCHOOL TO WAIT FOR GAMES DUE TO COVID PROTOCOLS
MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE 2 YEARS OLD AND OLDER AT INDOOR GAMES.
In order to be eligible for any athletic activity, the athlete:
1. Must be currently enrolled in seventh or eighth grade in WCPSS.
2. Must meet all eligibility requirements prior to the first
3. Must have a completed and signed Middle School Athletic
Participation Form prior to the first tryout/practice date.
4. Must not participate if he/she becomes 15 years of age on or
before August 31 of the current school year.
5. Must receive a medical examination once every 395 days by a
licensed medical physician, physician’s assistant or family
practitioner in the United States.
6. Must read the Concussion Information Sheet, initial and sign the
Student-Athlete & Parent/Legal Custodian Concussion Statement
7. Must meet promotion requirements to be eligible for fall semester. The State Board of Education defines promotion as “progressing to the next grade.” Students retained either by the school or the parents will be ineligible for the fall semester.
8. 6 Semester Rule - No student may be eligible to participate at the Middle School level for a period lasting longer than 6 consecutive semesters beginning with the students’ first entry into 6th grade. The principal shall have evidence of the date of each player’s entry into the 6th grade.
9. Must earn passing grades (D or better) in a minimum of three
core courses each semester to be eligible for participating during
the succeeding semester.
10. Must not have more than 14 total absences (85% attendance
requirement) in the semester prior to athletic participation. This is
a State Board of Education requirement. According to Board
Policy, students who participate in interscholastic athletics must
meet all requirements of the State Board of Education.
11. Must not participate (practice or play) if ineligible.
12. Must not participate (practice or play) in any athletic event if
suspended or is actively serving in the in-school suspension
program for that day or days.
13. Must be present in school the entire day in order to participate in practices or games.
14. Must live with a parent or legal custodian within the Wake County Public School System administrative unit. (Must notify the athletic director if not living with a parent or legal custodian.)
15. A player must practice a total of six days before playing in a game in all sports except football, where a player must practice nine days.
16. A player injured requiring medical attention and/or absent due to illness must meet eligibility requirements and must have practiced the required number of days above (#15). This player may not participate in practice or a contest without a doctor’s note. Students absent from athletic practice five or more days due to illness or injury shall receive a medical release by a licensed
physician before readmittance to practice or play.
17. If school is not in session or school closes early, no practice or
game will take place. There will be no practice on Saturdays (this
includes year-round schools), holidays, or vacation days.
Spring Sports First Day of Tryouts
(Boys & Girls Track, Boys Soccer, Softball)
First Day of Tryouts February 22nd 2:30p - 4p
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED AND HAVE ALL PAPERWORK UPLOADED AND COMPLETE IN THE SYSTEM BY February 17th TO BE ELIGIBLE TO TRYOUT.
To try out for a sport, you must complete the following: