Durant Road Middle School Athletics
Cost of Admission: $5.00
All PAYING Guests receive:
- Ticket (for accounting of sales)
- Hand stamp (to prove legal entry to the event)
- Family of WCPSS employees
- Individuals with booster club passes from other schools
All NON-PAYING guests receive:
- Hand stamp only (to prove legal entry to the event)
Who Does Not Pay?
- Students under school age
- WCPSS employees who show valid WCPSS ID
- Family of DRMS employees
- NCHSSA Coaches/Officials- must show Pass & ID
Seventh and eighth grade students interested in participating in athletics in the 2017-2018 school year should familiarize themselves with the following information. Listed below are the sports seasons and the athletic programs during that season.
Fall – Cheerleading, Football, Girls Soccer, Girls Volleyball
Winter – Boys & Girls Basketball, Cheerleading
Spring – Boys Soccer, Girls Softball, Boys & Girls Track
2017-2018 Sport Season Dates
Trying Out for a Sports Team
***If you are trying out for an athletic team at Durant Road Middle School, you must attend all tryout dates unless you have spoken to the coach regarding any special circumstances. If nothing has been worked out with the coach beforehand and you miss a day of tryouts, you are NOT permitted to attend any future tryout dates for that tryout period.***
Sportsmanship is defined as the quality of responsible behavior characterized by a spirit of generosity and genuine concern for opponents, officials and teammates. Athletes, students, and parents should:
• Realize you represent the school as does a member of the team; therefore, you have an obligation to be a true sportsman, encourage through this behavior the practice of good sportsmanship by others.
• Recognize that good sportsmanship is more important than victory by approving and applauding good team play, individual skill, and outstanding examples of sportsmanship and fair play exhibited by either team.
• Remember that the purpose of interscholastic athletics is to promote physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the players through the medium of contest.
• Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat, respect the judgment and integrity of game officials.
For more information, see the WCPSS Athletics Code of Conduct.