INTEREST MEET ON THURSDAY, MAY 27 @ 6pm via Google Meet. Use the Code: RamsXCT
Tryout Dates: The Week of August 2nd.
Location: Rolesville High School.
Who Makes the Team: This year, we will have a team of ~25-28 athletes.
- 12-14 Boys (2-3 Spots Reserved for New Freshman)
- 12-14 Girls (2-3 Spots Reserved for New Freshman)
- Day 1: Timed 3k Race @ RHS
- Day 2-3: Easy Run & Workout
Who Can Try Out: Basic Requirements
- All athletes MUST have the Red Athletic card filled out with:
- MUST be able to train on your own. We will have ~4 Workouts a week. However, successful runners run 6-7 days per week.
- Works Hard: XC pushes your body to a level you never before imagined.
- Willing to Comply: We have a set system to build great athletes. You need to be willing to follow ALL instructions
- Desire to Compete: We train athletes to compete. This is not a social club or a local gym. If you make the team, you are expected to compete and have a desire to improve your performances.
When the pressure is on, who will step up and shine the brightest?
What Can I Do to be Ready to Tryout?
- E-Mail Coach Grether @ firstname.lastname@example.org For Workout plans.
- Summer workout information & a conditioning plan will be posted soon - once the State Releases Corona Virus info.
- Most important... start running. Easy paced jogging for ~30 minutes. If cannot do 30 min straight, jog for 2-3 min, walk for a min, for 30 minutes. Start at 3 days per week and grow from there as your body feels comfortable.
- Those who make the team will need to purchase the uniform top & black shorts from the team store. This is a one time purchase that can be used for XC & Track all 4 years.