Dates: Nov 5, 2020
Location: Rolesville High School.
Who Makes the Team: This year, we are only allowed to race 7 athletes per gender - period. This will limit the numbers we will carry for the roster in this abbreviated season.
- 7 Boys (1 Spots Reserved for New Freshman) **2-3 Training Spots May be available.
- 7 Girls (1 Spots Reserved for New Freshman) **2-3 Training Spots May be available.
- 1 Day: Timed 3k Race @ RHS
Who Can Try Out: Basic Requirements
- All athletes MUST have the Red Athletic card filled out with:
- Registered online @ register.fastrams.me (Only needs to be done once per year. If you tried out for another sport, you are "good")
- Current physical on file ( Physical.Fastrams.me )
- Academically Eligible (Passed 3 of 4 classes from the fall, minimum 1.5 GPA, less then 13 absences)
- MUST be able to train on your own. We will be able to have ~1-2 practices together per week. Coach G will be providing the workouts for athletes to follow.
- Works Hard: XC pushes your body to a level you never before imagined.
- Willing to Comply: We have a set system to build great athletes. You need to be willing to follow ALL instructions
- Desire to Compete: We train athletes to compete. This is not a social club or a local gym. If you make the team, you are expected to compete and have a desire to improve your performances.
When the pressure is on, who will step up and shine the brightest?
What Can I Do to be Ready to Tryout?
- E-Mail Coach Grether @ firstname.lastname@example.org For Workout plans.
- Summer workout information & a conditioning plan will be posted soon - once the State Releases Corona Virus info.
- Most important... start running. Easy paced jogging for ~30 minutes. If cannot do 30 min straight, jog for 2-3 min, walk for a min, for 30 minutes. Start at 3 days per week and grow from there as your body feels comfortable.
- Those who make the team will need to purchase the uniform top & black shorts ( Shop.Fastrams.me ). This is a one time purchase that can be used for XC & Track all 4 years.