Dates: Aug 1 & 3, 2020 (Make Up Date Aug 4)
Location: Rolesville High School. Bussing 1-2 Days from RHS to the location.
Who Makes the Team:
- ~10-12 Boys (1-2 Spots Reserved for New Freshman)
- ~10-12 Girls (1-2 Spots Reserved for New Freshman)
- 1 Day: Timed 3k Race (Most likely @ RHS)
- 1 Day: Easy Run (Most likely @ Horseshoe Nature Preserve
- Soph->Sr: 5 miles in (Boys 45 min, Girls 55 min)
- Freshman: 3 miles in (Boys 30 min, Girls
- Who makes the team will be a merging of the two days.
Who Can Try Out: Basic Requirements
- All athletes MUST have the Red Athletic card filled out with:
- Registered online @ register.fastrams.me (Only needs to be done once per year. If you tried out for another sport, you are "good")
- Current physical on file ( Physical.Fastrams.me )
- Academically Eligible (Passed 3 of 4 classes from the fall, minimum 1.5 GPA, less then 13 absences)
- Works Hard: XC pushes your body to a level you never before imagined.
- Willing to Comply: We have a set system to build great athletes. You need to be willing to follow ALL instructions
- Desire to Compete: We train athletes to compete. This is not a social club or a local gym. If you make the team, you are expected to compete and have a desire to improve your performances.
When the pressure is on, who will step up and shine the brightest?
What Can I Do to be Ready to Tryout?
- E-Mail Coach Grether @ firstname.lastname@example.org For Workout plans.
- Summer workout information & a conditioning plan will be posted soon - once the State Releases Corona Virus info.
- Most important... start running. Easy paced jogging for ~30 minutes. If cannot do 30 min straight, jog for 2-3 min, walk for a min, for 30 minutes. Start at 3 days per week and grow from there as your body feels comfortable.
- Those who make the team will need to purchase the uniform top & black shorts ( Shop.Fastrams.me ). This is a one time purchase that can be used for XC & Track all 4 years.
How do I stay Informed?
Join the XC Summer Message Group for updates!